Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tight Her

I've had this image on my bedroom wall for some time now.
The four walls of my own personal space are my living scrapbook. They contain images and drawings, sayings, scraps and cut-outs.
I have garments I've made, garments I wish I had made, trinkets to spark memories- all surrounding me and inspiring me at all times.

This image to me invokes feelings of femininity, restraint, sensuality, sexuality, perfection, conformity.
Mostly I love the shape it forms using the female figure.
(Did I mention I collect mannequins and bodice shapes? The curves of the human female are one of the most beautiful silhouettes I can think of. Both naturally as well as slightly manipulated to exaggerate them.)



(http://moodboard.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83539e9ed69e20115712ae5e5970c-500wi)

1 comment:

  1. The female body is wonderful - sensuality combined with compassion. Words such as sensuality, restraint and conformity are expressive and explosive, where there is consent too. x

    ReplyDelete